Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30. Finally attend a Halloween party dressed as Rogue from X-Men (30 x 30)

This is the primary Rogue look in most of the old X-Men comics.























I drew a design to make a one piece suit. I used old pants as a pattern for the bottoms and guessed at how to make the top part (which would prove ill-advised later)




After sewing the legs without any problems, I started on the torso and the arms. Because I didn't have a pattern, although I spent nearly an hour looking for one at the fabric store, the top didn't fit correctly. I started over.

























(#229 "Down Under" Issue of the Uncanny X-Men)



This time I used an old shirt as a guide for the top, which brought me SUCCESS! I made a catsuit! all on my own!






























Before leaving for DC on Thursday night before the Halloween party, I tried on my cat suit. I was going to steal one of my mother's bathing suits from 1982 which was the right kind of green and use a leather jacket that I grifted from a clothing swap in LA last summer to complete the costume. One leg! Two legs! starting to zipper up the back and rrrrrrrrrrrRIPPPPPPPPPP. the suit split right up the middle. I left it in my closet.

Plan C:
Snow-Bunny Rogue from the X-Men. There actually IS one issue where Rogue goes skiing. I put together the outfit and trundled down to DC. Hangin' with my bestie!


Posing as a super-hero is difficult:

No comments:

Post a Comment