Monday, February 22, 2010

18. eat sea urchin


This turned into a slight debacle.

I was prepared to go eat Uni sushi last week, and while on the phone with James realized that I am allergic to sea urchin. Now, I am all for a 30 in 30 list, which some people seem to mistake as a "bucket list," but the point of the whole deal is to embrace living. My allergy would not kill me, but it might kill those around me. In the spirit of the living embrace, and not the death embrace, I decided to change the particular type of food, but kept in the vein of strange foods. I looked up sea urchin online and found a list where it was included, I then chose a different plate from that list... and came up with wild boar!

This Saturday, Matt & Mart, my mom, my little sister, and I all went to Dino, an Italian restaurant in Cleveland Park WDC on the recommendation of Bettina from my office. So amazingly delicious. We ate wild boar pate, wild boar sausage, wild boar ragu, mahi mahi, suckling pig, and gelato with aged balsamic. Bettina gave the run down on Dino this morning, apparently it was known for the wine list, which the man in the Hawaiian shirt (Dean, the owner) has articulated deftly; and a couple of years ago, they got a chef to produce the edible accoutrement.

No comments:

Post a Comment