Monday, February 22, 2010

4. see Mission of Burma Live


OH MY AWESOME! I heart them. It's so interesting to think that they lived through so much, their first album was released about the time I was born! which means they are in their prime as well.

Originally, I was going to see them at the Black Cat, but then my dad said he was coming to town so I made the trek down to Richmond for the show. They said that they have never played in Richmond... or in Virginia for that matter and I can't blame them, there isn't too much punk left in the state. The show was at the University of Richmond and Ameoba Men opened for them. My buddy Michael said that Ameoba Men reminded him of early 2000 Baltimore experimental music, but I think they sound like the love child of the Dead Kennedys and Primus. Also present at the show were the doppelgangers of Penelope, Apple, Simon, and Emma from a non-published comic book, Strange Girls. The whole experience was slightly surreal, as Michael too said that it was a ghosts of new york girlfriends past.
Mission of Burma started the set with Donna Summeria which I love to drive and sing to simultaneously. They played 1,001 Pleasant Dreams and that makes me pleasantly dreamy. They also played Nancy Reagan crazy song and of course the revolver song. Thank you Mission of Burma for being so engaged and not dead so I could see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment