Monday, March 7, 2011

16. learn how to water ski (30x30)



This was tweeked slightly. I missed the waterskiing window by a couple months, so decided that cross country skiing was a plausible substitution since it is still skiing on water; just frozen, flakey water. The same weekend that I went to Vermont with my Dad and Mart to go on the dog sled run, we also went cross country skiing. I didn't like it at first because I fell down. You don't go very fast, at all. There are no edges to the skis which means that turning is very difficult. I thought I would be very cold, because downhill skiing gets cold, so I put those hand warmers in my gloves. Half-way around the trails I had to take my gloves off completely, I was on fire! Once I changed mindsets and thought of cross country as an endurance sport and not a sprint sport, it was much easier.




Cross country also affords much more time to stop and appreciate the trees and the beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment