Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2. read one vonnegut novel (31x31)


Finished Slaughterhouse V or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death today during my lunch break. Everyone was right, I do like Vonnegut.

where did I underline?
the preface: To Stephen Hawking and all others younger than myself I say, "Be patient. Your future will soon come to you and lie down at your feet like a dog who knows and loves you no matter what you are."

"And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep."

there's a band name in there, "If The Accident Will"

'Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops."

"It was a quiet, patient sort of fire - like the burning of punk."

"Here was light opera."

word I needed to look up: nacreous... mother of pearl, syn. iridescent.

No comments:

Post a Comment