Thursday, May 2, 2013

25. improve race time on another triathlon (32x32)



From Nation's Triathlon in 2011: "We got our times from the timing tent. My initial transition was 0:03, ride was 1:25, transition to run 0:06, and run 1:27; for a total of 3:01. This is not the most awesome time, BUT means that next event I am going to shave significant amounts of time off!"

This year I did 3:39! 0:37 swim, transition 1 0:08, 1:33 bike, transition 2 0:04, and then a 1:17 run. So I added 8 minutes to my ride (which is a bit disconcerting since I was riding the steel cherry bomb, Dottie, in 2011... with the rack still attached!) and shaved 10 minutes off of my run (which means that I've decreased my speed by about 1.15 min/mile!)

practice run along the coral:


National Capital Area Team in Training team


Me and Tiffany at the pre-race dinner


the night before, laying out all the items to pack in my backpack


Tiffany had the coolest head lamp


Some might say that my swim speed was due to a fear of blood in the water...(sent from Cara the morning of the race)




Go Team!


running along the coral, the final mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment