Friday, July 9, 2021

39.remain employed after current project ends (50 x 50)

It was early afternoon in Glen Canyon, Arizona, on an epic three-week long vacation with Roddy and Jason, when I got a call that changed our lives. It was from Deloitte, they said that it was official, I was hired. I had been working on a project for four years for a company that was a subcontractor to Deloitte.  I had started to look for work in Baltimore, since that was where we were going to make our life. When Deloitte heard that, they asked how they could keep me on the project. It was about a month before the contract was recompeted, and so when the project ended, I remained employed.



Lion's head in Antelope Canyon in the Navajo Nation on the same trip, maybe even on the same day. 


Since starting with Deloitte, I've had an amazing journey. Multiple projects, multiple accounts, two maternity leaves (completely paid for 16 weeks) and amazing coworkers. Not only have I remained employed, but I like what I do, it's easy to get up in the morning and go to work. #lovethislife

No comments:

Post a Comment