Saturday, September 18, 2010

29. play an entire game of tennis, keep score



My buddy Jenny and I have been playing tennis at American University for about a year. We figured that out on the court this afternoon. We wanted to play more last Fall but it got too dark too fast. We picked up in the Spring and were playing on my lunch break, but when the Summer rolled in, we nearly passed out in the heat.
It's always been a really nice non-competitive time, we never kept score. For the 30x30 game, Jenny knew how to keep score; but we did have to phone a friend in order to figure out the service box boundaries (thanks Josh!).



Game - Set - Match
I think I may have won two games in two different sets. The scoring goes Love, 15, 30, 40, Game Point. I lost lots of points from having the most horrendous serve, please see proof:



After the second set, two games in, there was a shoe fail. The Saucony sneakers that my "Anut" Pat gave me probably 10 years ago finally fell apart. The heel glue didn't have anymore to give. Luckily Jenny had an extra set of sneakers in her bag! Game On!



All in all, Jenny kicked my ass: 3-0. We were super tired afterwards; tennis is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment